Tuesday, February 28, 2006

When Did We Move To Kansas?

What is up with this weather? I'm tuned into an extended coverage of the morning news right now, because there is a tornado warning for Fairfield, Vacaville, Solano County and Sacramento County. CRAZY! The storm is currently in Vacaville, no tornado sighting yet, but it's 20 miles away and heading straight to EG! As I was typing the last sentence, there was thunder outside with the sky getting darker by the minute, and now they're talking more and more about the EG area and how we should be taking tornado precautionary measures! My husband just called--he's at the kid's school right now because my daughter is getting an award. He said that the school has already taken precautionary measures and that my daughter's class is staying indoors and that my son's class is in the multipurpose room. The storm's moving about 30 mph and is about 15 to 20 miles away. (sigh) What a day to be home by myself! LOL

(10 minutes later...)

So the tornado warnings are all cancelled, but we're still expecting heavy rain, thunderstorms, and hail in the area. It's still pretty dark outside and the rain has come, although not heavy yet. They're saying that it's a fast moving storm, so luckily it will be here and gone within a few minutes. I've always hated crazy weather like this. When we were living in Baltimore, we would have these crazy storms...some that would come out of nowhere, and I would always get freaked out. I've still got the news on...they're showing EG and reporting that they had some hail and lightening where they were reporting from--I5 and EG Blvd, which isn't that far from me...about 5 minutes or so. Lucky for me, I missed all of that. :) Whew! And now there's sunshine...yay!

No comments: