Friday, February 10, 2006

In Loving Memory

It's been two days since the funeral. I can't stop thinking about how we should have been there...I should have been there. I just can't believe that she's gone and I never got the chance to say goodbye or be there for the family. There was no way that I could have made the trip. Even if we flew, my back would never have made it. I know that she understands, but I guess I'm having a hard time understanding.

I went shopping for some sympathy cards last night, and had to fight back the tears as I picked up different ones and read the sentiments. I am still struggling to fight back the tears as I write this. It's hard to see your loved ones aging, seeing them as mortal, and then ultimately saying goodbye.

I still have the Christmas card that she sent us a couple of months ago. I'll always have it now, along with her memories...


No comments: