Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Life...Or Something Like It

I sat down to write this morning, determined to post something in the blog. I have so much to say, yet I'm at a loss for words and can't seem to collect my thoughts. These past few days have been kind of sad. There's been a sudden death in the family and I still can't believe that she's gone. I keep thinking about the others that she left behind and if/how they'll be able to pick up the pieces and move on with their lives. She was a wonderful person and took care of everyone. She was one of my favorites...so easy-going, laidback, nice, never judgmental. One summer while I was still in elementary school, they all came to Hawaii for the entire summer and stayed with my grandparents. She was like a second mom to me that summer, because she let me stay with them there for about a month and took care of me, even though she had my cousins to care for as well. I used to stay with them whenever we would take our trips down to LA after we had already moved here, and it always felt like home. Her funeral's on Wednesday, and all of our travel arrangements are made, yet I'm still not sure if we should go only because of my back problems. I don't think that my back will be able to handle the drive down there even with the meds that I'm taking and I'm torn because I really need to be there. She was loved by so many, and she will be missed.

Because of everything that's happened this past week, I can't help but think of Dad and how lucky we are to still have him. It could've been him.

We live our lives thinking that we have all the time in the world, yet life takes a turn and makes us realize that it is too short, and anything can happen in an instant. Time is too important to be taken for granted. Love your loved ones and tell them you love them. Don't forget to show them you love them. Let the petty things go. Make the most of every moment so that there aren't any regrets in the end.

No comments: