Thursday, August 04, 2005

To Have and to Hold

"Do you know what today is....it's our anniversary. It's our anniversary...."

Yes, today is our 9th year wedding anniversary. Nine years ago we were married by Bode Uale in a beautiful botanical garden in Hawaii and had a luau style reception complete with hula dancers courtesy of...oh my god I can't remember his name! How can I forget him? He was like the Hawaiian godfather of caterers that even invited us to one of his luaus in Waikiki so that we could sample the food, watch the entertainment and see what everything was like before having us commit to anything. I'll have to dig out our wedding pictures and see if looking at him jogs my memory. Anyway, that entire day went by so fast. Was it because of the day itself, sharing it with our family and friends or because of the white zinfandel I consumed the previous night and at the reception? Hmm... Regardless, it was beautiful and fun, and forever ours to cherish. We're celebrating as a family tonight and going out for dinner. I haven't decided between the Cheesecake Factory or the Elephant Bar yet. We also bought a 52" widescreen tv as our anniversary gift. WOO HOO! Can't wait to watch the world series on it! Ooh, or have movie nights! :)

Where does the time go? I was looking through some old pictures of the kids and amazed at how fast they've grown. My baby girl is now 5 and starting kindergarten at the end of next month! My son starts the 3rd grade and will be 8 in September! (sigh) It's so easy to take time for granted and get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life. Sometimes you forget to breathe in each moment and savor every detail, and before you know it a lot of time has passed. I think I'm going to try to savor more and live in each moment as it comes.

Anyway, enjoy your day all! Enjoy life!

No comments: