Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Conversations With A 5 1/2 Yr Old

A lot of the things that come out of children's mouths are incredibly cute! Sometime over the summer, while the kids and I were sitting around watching a skateboarding dvd, I had the pleasure of discussing Tony Hawk with my daughter.

"Mommy, Tony Hawk is so hot!"

(I was a little surprised at her use of the word "hot". She's 5 1/2 for goodness sakes and I have no idea where she picked it up from. It wasn't from myself, her dad or her brother and remember, this child is home with me all day! :) )

"He is? Now what do you mean by hot? Is he cute hot? Or like cool hot?

"Both Mom! He's the cutest and the coolest! He's totally hot!"

"Is he hotter than
Jesse McCartney, your favorite guy?"

(Thinking)"I think they're the same. He's so totally hot!"

"Do you know that he has a son named Riley that's older than your brother?"

(Wide-eyed)"He does? Wow! I didn't know that"

"Yes he does, honey. Riley is 13, I think"

"Wow, that's old!"

I didn't want to tell her that this new "hot" guy of hers was 38 and older than her mom and dad, that he had two more sons, Spencer and Keegan, or that he was engaged to be married again. I think it's cute that she had a crush on an older guy so why burst her bubble? She's so taking after her mom with diggin' skaters and skating, watching skating videos, and having crushes on older men (although I can't say that I have crushes on older men anymore), not to mention the many other ways that we find every day. It's so cute, but also scary that it's almost as if I'm looking into a mirror with her! I told my husband that he should be careful because I got into trouble for kissing boys in kindergarten! Ha ha! It's going to be an interesting school year!

No comments: