Friday, June 17, 2005

Hit Me Baby 1 More Time

Ok, just stop it! What is up with Sophie B. Hawkins? She's singing "Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover" and flailing around trying to make the song more than it's not. I like the song, but it's not meant to be the be boppin' dance tune. She needs to give those tired ass ripped jeans back to Britney and put on some shoes! She looks good though. I wonder how much Botox she's had.

And what's up with Cameo and that funky ass red cod piece? I don't recall ever seeing the band back in the day, and apparently they were trying to make the cod piece "the thing" back in the day, but oooh! That shit is just not couture! You ain't a superhero! Give that shit back to Daredevil and getchu some nice slacks.

Howard Jones & Irene Cara both had good first performances. I haven't seen their cover performances yet.

Ok now, just stop the madness! Wang Chung is doing Nelly's "Hot In Herre"! They're actually not that bad, and are somehow managing to keep up with the lyrics. The visual though...not happening!

It's like--

OMG, It's just bad folks. I'm watching them and thinking that this just isn't right. I don't know...something about two white men from England trying to be all hip hop? I mean, they're covering Nelly! I know the point of the second half of the show is for the performers to do a current day cover, but Nelly? Couldn't they pick someone more in their genre? Anyway, I'm gonna go and watch the rest of this.

2 comments:

staci said...

I watched the show last week too...Sophie B Hawkins just plain looked ridiculous - all be-bopping around in her ripped jeans; I never really liked Cameo during the 80's but I gotta give it to them - they sounded pretty good for a bunch of 'older' men! Also, I saw Howard Jones in concert with Paul Young during the 80's ... he still sounds good!

So I didn't watch it 'till the end... who ended up winning?

Staci with an "i" said...

Irene Cara won. Personally, I think that Howard Jones should have been the winner.