Thursday, May 12, 2005

And How Was Your Weekend?

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I am one of them and had a nice mother's day. I woke up to breakfast in bed on Sunday morning, followed by cards and gifts. We hung out at home for the rest of the day and got take-out for dinner. It was a nice family, low key day.

Monday was my 31st birthday. No biggie. I think nowadays I get more excited about my kid's or even my husband's birthday, but not so much mine. I did wake up and walk down the hall to some really cool and cute birthday decorations. I also got a basket full of white and milk chocolate dipped strawberries delivered around lunchtime. My parents made a birthday dinner for me at their house that night, so those were all nice and thoughtful gestures. Alex ordered my cake from Freeport Bakery, which was a 1/4 sheet Fruit Tart that I wanted. OMG, that was the best! It is so good, with a shortbread crust and custard filling topped with an assortment of fresh fruit. We finished off the rest of it last night and it was still soooo good! Ooh, I have to tell you...what I did get excited about this year, besides my Fruit Tart, was my combined Mother's Day/Birthday gift...a sewing machine complete with a bag to carry the thing around in! TA DA! It's the shit! It's not exactly the one that I wanted (the one that I wanted ended up being over a $1000! WTF?!), but it's still a fancy one with embroidery stitches, an automatic buttonhole feature, pedal control, fancy stitches, etc. and it's the brand that I wanted. I can't believe that my husband remembered that! I just couldn't wait to use it. I had some fabric lying around so I made 2 pillows for the kids and 4 bean bags for them to toss around and make up a game with. I've also mended some clothes, but I'm ready for a project...a beginner's project. I'm teaching myself how to use this thing because I'm too shy to take my free class, but I think I'm doing pretty well so far. I bought a book titled Sewing 101 with some great info and beginner's projects so I can't wait to pick one out and get started on that.

Anyway, we've been really busy around here. Between my son's baseball events and my physical therapy and other day to day things, we only have 1 day out of the week that we're home, so we've (well, Alex really) been having to squeeze a lot of things into that one day, grocery shopping, errands, laundry, etc. Stress!

So what's new with you?

No comments: