Tuesday, March 01, 2005

My love affair with Tivo!

Tivo's a wonderful thing, don't you think? Let me tell you, if you don't have one yet, you are soooo missing out, especially if you're a tv addict like myself! We have 2 of them in the house, and since my back's been giving me trouble again (compressed disc), Tivo's 1 and 2 and I have been having a hot love affair. We could go for hours without end, sometimes with my husband for a threesome, with a group of friends or sometimes without. We can even have the kids involved and don't even have to kick the dog out of the room! Oh, the feeling of having control over the tv...or do I really? See I thought I had all the power in the world! I could pause, rewind and fast forward. I could FF through commercials and not have to be tempted by ads for pizzas or subs, or grossed out by tampon commercials while I'm trying to eat. I can rewind for those "What did they say?" moments. I can pause when I have to go to the bathroom. I can record programs! Well, all of these conveniences and more come with a price...a big price! Because it has seduced me with those features, especially the "season pass", I have become a junkie. I am ashamed to say that I have around 50 season passes only on one of them and that even with 2 of them in the house with dual tv tuners, it's time to upgrade to a bigger one that holds more programs. I can hardly remember what life was like without them and I swear I'd die if I ever had to go back to life without them! Well, I guess regardless of who holds the power in this love affair...I love my Tivo and Tivo loves me!

No comments: