Friday, October 03, 2008

Just Thinkin' and Bloggin'

I love my husband! I mean I really REALLY love my husband! :) I was so blessed with the greatest husband in the world. He's done so much for the family, not to mention so much for me. I don't know anyone that has been so active in their children's lives since even before the kids were born. To this very day, he's never missed a doctor's appointment. He got up in the middle of the night for the babies feedings. He changed diapers as much as I did. He's bathed and fed them. He chaperones field trips, helps out with homework, attends awards assemblies, gets them up, breakfast and to school. He's never missed any sporting events. He cooks, cleans, and does dishes. He shops for groceries. He does the laundry. He's so awesome, and I've only begun to scratch the surface.

I can't count the endless times that he's taken care of me because of my back and other health problems. He's taken days off to take care of me and often has to take on all of the responsibilities here because I am unable to. He's also taken days off just for "our time". He telecommuted from the mall while he stood in line for 6+ hours at the Apple store so I could have my iPhone, while Tyler and I stayed home. Most recently, he took this past Wednesday off just so we could spend some time together. Oh, and remember a few posts ago, and how I called him the "warden of the womb"? Well, he's still not ready, but we haven't been NOT trying either...just for me. ;) How lucky am I, right? I don't know how I deserved him, but I'm glad that we are together forever.

Thank you Alex, for being you, for being ours, and for being mine. :)

No comments: