Thursday, September 27, 2007

Char Siu Chicken Anyone?

I didn't know how difficult it was to find a char siu chicken recipe! Originally, I was planning to use the Noh's brand, but then changed my mind because I wanted it to taste a little more authentic. Not that the Noh's alternative is so bad, because it's actually quite ono! I just want to make a marinade and save the flavor packet for another day (maybe for a quickie char siu recipe for some homemade manapua!) Should I just use the pork kine char siu marinade recipe? I figured that the chicken version would have a little bit of a difference since chicken and pork have slightly different flavors, so I googled char siu chicken but didn't find anything. I can't believe that no one from Hawaii has a char siu chicken recipe online. Wait, I take that back. I did find one, but he used the Noh packet. LOL Suggestions anyone? All right, I'll go and check the Hawaii nei cookbooks then.

On a Filipino food note, I made some hot rice and some pinakbet yesterday. Mmmmmmm! It was so good, that it's enough to make your lips pucker and make you psst! psst! and yell hoy to your fellow Filipinos! ;)

1 comment:

Erin said...

SO GOOD to know you are alive and well!! how is your back? we need a reunion!!